Knowing what a hard time I have sticking to anything, I tend not to make New Year's resolutions. I'm one of those people who start out of the gate really fast and hard and committed, then I sputter and tire and fall out of the race altogether, completely disgusted with myself.
In the past, I've made some of the usual resolutions and failed at them miserably. You know the ones, like:
- spend more time with family and friends
- get into shape
- lose weight
- quit smoking
- enjoy life more
- quit drinking
- get out of debt
- learn something new
- help others
- get organized
This year I've decided to rethink my strategy a little. Here's a peek at what I've come up with so far for my New Year's Resolutions for 2009.
In 2009, I resolve to:
- Eat at least one real meal a day.
- Sleep at least six hours each night.
- Lose less than 10 pounds.
- Blog at least once a week.
- Read at least one book a month.
- Be cranky at least once a week.
Okay, it's just a start. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!